Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sleep, the dream, called Awake - Artist Interview | with Lilaina

This weeks feature interview is with Lazed lyricist Lilaina. Laine first shared her poetry while we were studying visual art, and the ethereal imagery she creates through her writing became the inspiration for songs like Blurred Assumptions & Bitch'n. She sang on the original 4-track demo of Lazed, a song which has been a live favourite for a long time, with it's upbeat tempo and Art-School aesthetic that perfectly suites the inspiration behind the Stormset sound... 
"Sleep, the dream, called awake"

When did you first start to write poetry?
I first started writing poetry at age 14, got published at 14 in a Goth Magazine

What inspires your writing?
I am inspired by people and how we interact and our perceptions of one another, I love Psychology. Anything to do with human communication.

Can you tell us about some of the bands and other creative projects you have you been a part of in the past?
In the past I have written and made a short film called 'Made My Bed' and in 2000 I did stand up performance poetry at the Sunset Strip in Melbourne. Before that I was production designer in a feature film called 'Radio Samurai'... I'm not sure if it was ever released?

Do you have an anthem song or all time favourite band?


The bands; The Cure, The Smiths, Cosmic Baby. All time favourite bands are British India and All American Rejects.


I sifted through the dense forest inside my dream
Set adrift on the river forever my knowing untold but remembered
Should I wake to see once more?
Often scrambled and mislead unable to bear the burden
Of this day today just yet
So back to slumber I slip
And inside my peaceful warrior marches on again

Too much wandering I must do now
Midway between dark and dawn I fled
Back to the safety and the state of my forever
Sleep, the dream, called awake
Sleep, the dream, called awake

I sifted through the dense forest
Sleep, the dream, called awake
Sleep, the dream, called awake
Sleep, the dream, called awake



No comments:

Post a Comment