Thursday, August 8, 2013

Artist Interview | with Anee



The next artist interview is with guest vocalist Anee Burton. 
Having previously worked with Anee as part of Seesawtrace, she has now contributed her ethereal voice on the songs 11M2, Red Steps & Lazed and helped bring 
the Stormset sound to life.



When did you first start singing?

I started singing from a young age just for my own entertainment around 10 years of age but really got interested in singing for others when I was 22 and met Simon and Chris through friends. I thought their music was really interesting and 
they inspired me to give it a go.

Can you share with us something about the process of recording vocals for the Stormset songs on Just Like Fashion

The process of recording was really relaxing and fun. I was pregnant at the time and loved that my baby could hear the music we were making, and it gave me a happy feeling every time we rehearsed or were recording.

Who are some of your favourite vocalists and musical insfluences?

My favourite vocalists and musical influences are varied. I love so many types of music, but I would say the lead singer from the band George, Dido, Sia, Sarah Blasco, Tracey Chapman, Nelly Furtado, Missy Higgins, Everything but the girl and Lamb. These are some of my favourite vocalists and influences.

What inspires you?

My inspiration is the wonders of nature, beautiful music, friends, and food. But at the moment my inspiration is my little boy, Mitchel, and how he interacts with the world and learns everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment